Custom Airbrush Spray Tanning
See what a glowing, custom air-brush spray tan can do for your entire look!
Airbrush Spray Tan
Our spray tan technicians use Norvell tanning solutions, which is considered the best in the industry. Please discuss with the technician prior to getting in the booth what your expectations are and how many shades darker you expect to be.
Save $10 compared to Single Session price
Save $30 compared to Single Session price
How to Prepare:
1-2 Days Before Your Tan:
- Exfoliate! This is the most important step to getting an even spray tan. We suggest using an exfoliating scrub or an exfoliating mitt. Pay special attention to dry and flakey areas. Important areas to remember are back of the neck, underarms, back of the arm, elbows, knees, and feet.
- Shave/Wax at least 8 hours prior to your tan.
- Discontinue any retinoids/reinols 48 hours before your tan.
- Discontinue the use of any bar soaps 48 hours before your tan. Bar soap disrupts the pH of your skin and can cause an orange result.
- All manicures and pedicures should be completed 24 hours prior to tan. The oils in the products they use create a barrier between your skin and the tan, preventing the pigment from permeating your skin.
- Pregnant? We suggest you consult your physician before using any new products. However, according to our manufacturer, the solution is non-toxic, food grade product that is not known to have any detrimental effects on the mother or the baby.
Morning of your Tan:
- Wear appropriate clothing! Wear/bring loose fitting dark cotton clothes and flip flops. We suggest loose sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, and rubber flip flops. If it is raining, make sure you are fully covered from head to toe. Any water that touches your skin after your tan will streaks that are not fixable.
- Take a shower before your appointment, using warm water only. Soap and products can leave an oily film on the skin preventing permeation.
- Do not use any lotions, serums, deodorants, perfumes, or make up before you tan. Skin must be completely bare, or can result in a discolored or blotchy tan.
- While tanning, we require our clients to wear a bottom of some sort. We suggest wearing dark colored undergarments. Remember, you will be left with very dramatic tan lines, make sure whatever undergarments you wear during your tan will leave you with lines that you are okay with.
After your appointment:
- Wait to dry, about 5-10 minutes after your tan. Change into your loose fitting clothing, no bras, denim, leggings, or socks.
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating while your spray tan is developing.
- Wash your hand with cold water 1-2 hours after your spray tan
- Wait to shower at least 12 hours after your appointment, unless otherwise stated by your tan specialist. Do not use soap, exfoliants, or any other shower product on the first shower after your appointment. Rinse with cool water until water runs clear, avoid staying in the shower for longer than 2 minutes. You will see some color wash away, this is completely normal. Do not be concerned, the cosmetic bronzer is what is rinsing off, the developed tan will still be on your skin.
- While drying off, pat dry. Do not rub your skin.
- If you chose to sleep in your spray tan before rinsing, remember to sleep on a dark covering as some of the product will rub off and can stain light colored fabric.
- Keep your skin hydrated for the duration of your tan, use lotions and moisturizers approved for spray tans. With well hydrated skin, some people see their tan last 7-10 days. The more hydrated your skin is, the longer your tan will last. Avoid any products with mineral oil, AHAs, petroleum, ethanol, exfoliating and alcohol based products as these will strip your tan faster.
- To extend the life of your spray tan, avoid contact with chlorine, citrus fruits, Band-Aids, facemasks, pore strips, anti-aging/anti-acne products, bar soap, or hair removal creams.
Serving the McHenry County area, including Algonquin, Crystal Lake, Cary, Huntley, Barrington, Lake in the Hills, Fox River Grove, West Dundee, Prairie Grove, Lakewood, Gilberts, Carpentersville, and more. Search “airbrush spray tanning near me” for your best local custom spray tan options.