Laser Hair Removal & Reduction in Algonquin
Free yourself from daily shaving with laser hair removal treatments at Wolschlager Wellness in Algonquin. If you're not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering.
What Is Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser hair reduction works by using a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair from various locations on the body. The laser emits light that is absorbed by the pigment of the hair. The light energy is converted to heat which damages the hair follicle. The damaged hair follicle is unable to continue to grow hair for extended time periods. Although it is often called “laser hair removal,” it is guaranteed to delay hair growth for long periods of time, but usually does not result in permanent hair removal. This is why we call it laser hair reduction.
Multiple treatments are necessary for initial hair removal, we often suggest between 6-8 sessions for a new area. After initial reduction, maintenance visits every 2-3 months are suggested to keep hair growth to a minimum and maintain desired results. Without maintenance appointments hair growth will return. After 1 year without maintenance treatment, hair usually returns to its pre-treatment growth and you will be required to start treatments all over again to experience previous results.
It is important to remember the laser hair reduction is NEVER 100%. Industry standard states that a 70-90% reduction is usually seen. Not all hair in the chosen area is the same, therefore the laser might not pick up every follicle. Remember that not everything you see on social media is real and you cannot compare other peoples results to your own.
Our laser hair removal technique results in permanent hair reduction in the following areas:
- Neck – front and back (No more chafing from your shirt collar!)
- Bikini zone
- Face – upper lip, cheeks, chin, eyebrows, and hairline
- Hands and knuckles
Laser Hair Reduction Pricing
Laser hair reduction results are 100% dependent on a person’s hair and skin type. Even if you have had laser hair reduction previously, we require a full consultation with our laser technician before any treatments can begin. All lasers and locations are different. After an initial assessment, a better understanding of what an individual’s needs are. Not every person desiring laser hair removal is a good candidate for treatment. It is up to the discretion of the technician to deny treatment if she believes a client will not see the desired results.
Pricing is based on the size of the area and the density of hair in that area. A customary list of sizes of areas are listed below, however these may not always apply depending on what is determined in your consultation. Initial pricing is sold in packages, and touch ups on those areas are sold individually.
- Small Area: Toes, Fingers, Upper Lip, Lower Lip, Chin
- Medium Area: Abdominal Trail, Basic Bikini Line, Underarms, Neck, Lip & Chin, Hands
- Large Area: Brazilian, Full Face, Arms
- Extra Large Area: Half Legs, Half Back, Chest
- Extra Extra Large: Full Legs, Full Back
- Small Area Package of 6: $250 Maintenance: $30
- Medium Area Package of 6: $300 Maintenance: $35
- Large Area Package of 6: $400 Maintenance: $45
- Extra Large Area Package of 6: $500+ Maintenance $60+
- Extra Extra Large Area Package of 6: $750+ Maintenance $70+
Pre- and Post-Treatment Care
- The area being treated must be completely shaved prior to the appointment. We suggest shaving the morning of your appointment to guarantee the closest shave possible. Any length of hair on the shaft can lead to burning of the hair and surrounding skin. If excessive hair growth is visible, it is at the discretion of the laser technician to deny treatment and reschedule your appointment at a later date.
- Do not wax, pluck, or epilate in the area being treated between laser appointments.
- Sun exposure/tanning beds must be avoided in treated areas for 6 weeks prior to treatment. If excessive tan lines are visible, it is at the discretion of the laser technician to deny treatment and reschedule your appointment at a later date.
- Avoid swimming pools, hot tubs, and saunas 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Discontinue self-tanners and spray tanning 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Discontinue retinol-based products 2 days prior to treatment
- Botox should be done no less than 2 weeks prior to treatment. It should also be understood that laser treatment affects the longevity of Botox and fillers.
- Notify your technician of any open lesion in the area being treated. This includes acne, cold sores, herpetic lesions, or open wounds.
- Medications, health conditions, and prior surgeries affect your sensitivity to the laser. If these are not disclosed, you can be severely burned by the laser. It is of utmost importance that you disclose all health history to your technician during your consultation.
- It is normal to be sensitive in the area treated, and you may experience small red bumps around the hair follicles or darkening of the skin. Do not pick at or exfoliate the treated areas. If you experience any signs of a laser burn, contact your technician immediately.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs, or saunas for 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure in between treatments, if you must be out in the sun make sure you wear SPF on all treated areas.
CALL (847) 854-0829 AND SCHEDULE YOUR LASER HAIR REMOVAL APPOINTMENT NOW
Serving the McHenry County area, including Algonquin, Crystal Lake, Cary, Huntley, Barrington, Lake in the Hills, Fox River Grove, West Dundee, Prairie Grove, Lakewood, Gilberts, Carpentersville, and more. Search “laser hair removal near me” for your best local laser hair reduction options.